7.08.2013

9 months!

KelliAnne was nine months in February. She was mastering the sit and "I'm gonna' crawl any day now" stance for a few weeks. Then....she was off! And, I don't thinks she has stopped since.

We had our nine month check up at Children's Spot (NICU outpatient offices) and once again, passed with flying colors. Even though we see KA everyday and think she is doing amazing, hearing from professionals that she is doing great is the best news ever. I feel like we both still have that small feeling in the back of our heads that something could be wrong. But the older she gets and that fact that she is showing no signs of any motor/developomental delays, the better! The theropist actually said if a baby has two "clean checks" there is a very, VERY small chance of there being any issues as she would be displaying signs by now. They were so impressed with how strong she was with her sitting and piviting and how interactive she was.

Her tests were (that I can remember):

-picking up a block and passing it from hand to hand-PASSED
-picking up a block in each hand and banging together-PASSED
-raking a cherrio-PASSED
-basic following of noises with her eyes and ears-PASSED

Even though it was her nine month check up, these are all tests that a six month old should do and she was advanced, closer to a 7-8 month old. All great nows to here your baby being praised. Does that ever end? Doubt it.....

KelliAnne did so well that instead of being seen in three months again (so at 1 year) they pushed it out to 15 months and said that would probably by her last check. They also decided that she would not need her 1 year old MRI to check her brain bleed. Just typing this I can relive that appt and hearing good news after good news. Tom and I decided to celebrate stopping by Kelly's on our way home. Her first of many trips to our favorite place.

In late February/early March we ventured out a bit, cabin fever got the best of me. I think I did one trip to Target but I was so scared to touch the cart, I just logged her around the store in her carrier. I felt like all I saw was snotty, coughing toddlers staring us down. I could not get out of there soon enough! I postponed any trips for a while after that.

We did celebrate Snake Saturday and met some new friends for the first time. KelliAnne loves making new friends! Enjoy the pictures of the sweet monkey!


Tom and KelliAnne at Kelly's after her appt. We needed a celebration beer for all the great news!


Mastering her sit pose. LOVES the alphabet toy she is playing with

No comments:

Post a Comment