5.28.2012

Hard as a Rock

=Tom

I was thinking about just putting his name here to get the point across regarding how strong Tom has been. However, he deserves more credit for how amazing he has been...more then I could ever give him.

-While in the hospital, almost every night nurse commented on our team work with the three hour pumpings. How great it was that Tom was up with me, cleaning the bottles every time, and then walking them down to the NICU.

-I cannot imagine how scary the first few hours of Miss KelliAnne's life were and Tom handled it like a champ. He did not leave her side and absorbed so much information from the doctors that I felt like I had not missed a beat when I was finally able to go and see her. I could not imagine going through this adventure with anyone else then my Rock, Tom

OK, enough with the mushy stuff!

In an earlier post Tom commented on how great Farmers has been. I need to second that with  my employer, Cerner. From day one (way back in April when bedrest began) my leadership team has been amazing and more then understanding. Their number one focus has been me and our baby, no worries about work. We are very blessed to not have to add work stress to our plate!

4 comments:

  1. I've been trying to post a comment but I seem to be technically challenged. I think I have it figured out! First of all, thank you for including me in your blog. I have been praying for you all and I am so happy things seem to be stabilizing. Your love for each other and for KelliAnne is a blessing. I have no doubt she is thriving because she feels your love. As you are finding out, there is no greater love than the one you have for your child. You will move heaven and earth for their well-being and safety. Though there are still hurdles to go, continue your strength. I would like to share a psalm I have found very comforting when my strength seems to be faltering. "When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I... I will trust in the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61:2-4. I've said this psalm more times than I care to admit!! I look forward to hearing about her accomplishments, how you two are doing and then one day meeting your precious daughter. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to read these stories about how you guys are so strong for each other and for Kellianne. Thinking of you every single day and praying for strength and peace and a restful sleep for Mom and Dad and lots of babysteps towards health for baby Kellianne. Can not wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are sharing your joys and hopes with us. We continue to pray, and Tori eagerly looks forward to meeting her new cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend/co-worker of mine had her baby last year at 26 weeks, so a lot of the lingo is familiar. I'm so glad to hear things having been going positively for you all, and I will continue sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete